As Arizona personal injury lawyers, we help people through the toughest and most difficult of times. In the horrible event of losing a loved one due to another person’s negligence or intentional acts of misconduct, there is no monetary value equivalent to a life. A death or debilitating injury can affect a family financially, psychologically, and, most of all, emotionally. We, at Torgenson Law, understand that no amount of compensation can fill the void left by a deceased family member, however we try our best to aid and support families during these times of need.
Of course, we would all say that we would rather have that person back, of course. However, when that is not possible, how do we, as humans, value life? It is not easy, but our Arizona Jury Instructions base compensation on the following factors:
- The loss of love, affection, companionship, care, protection, and guidance since the death and in the future.
- The pain, grief, sorrow, anguish, stress, shock, and mental suffering already experienced, and reasonably probably to be experienced in the future.
- The income and services that have already been lost as a result of the death, and that are reasonably probable to be lost in the future.
- The reasonable expenses of funeral and burial.
- The reasonable expenses of necessary medical care and services for the injury that resulted in the death.
Calculating value of emotional damages from a wrongful death is more difficult than compensating an individual or family for medical bills or lost income. With the complexity of these kinds of cases, it is important to have a team dedicated to guiding you through this legal process. As Arizona personal injury lawyers, we, at Torgenson Law, can provide you the support you deserve in receiving your compensation. If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, give us a call at (602) 759-0012.