5 Shocking Arizona DUI Statistics
1. The 4th of July is the deadliest time for motorists across the country. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, almost 40% of all highway deaths (from 2007 to 2011) happened during the July 4th holiday weekend.
2. Over the weekend, Arizona law enforcement officers arrested 443 people for a DUI. Of those 443, 151 had a blood alcohol content of .15 or greater. People with a BAC of at least .15 are far more likely to cause a drunk driving crash.
3. According to a study conducted by marketwatch.com, Arizona has the toughest DUI penalties in the country. We are one of only a few states with mandatory jail time for your first offense.
4. On average, two out of every three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
5. The minimum cost of a DUI in Arizona (if you don’t hire an attorney) is approximately $6,800.00. That cost includes court fines and fees, one day in jail, mandatory classes, six months of an interlock device and increased auto insurance rates.
Call Torgenson Law to Schedule a Free Consultation
If a drunk driver injured you or someone close to you this weekend, you need to talk to an Arizona personal injury attorney. In addition to claims against the drunk driver (for things like pain, suffering, medical bills and even punitive damages), you may have a claim against the bar or homeowner that supplied the alcohol. Call or email us today for a 100% free discussion about your options. Our number is 602.759.0012 or you can email us at Asktheattorney@torgensonlaw.com. You need a good, local injury lawyer to fight for you.