1. The 4th of July is the deadliest time for motorists across the country. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, almost 40% of all highway deaths (from 2007 to 2011) happened during the July 4th holiday weekend.
2. Over the weekend, Arizona law enforcement officers arrested 443 people for a DUI. Of those 443, 151 had a blood alcohol content of .15 or greater. People with a BAC of at least .15 are far more likely to cause a drunk driving crash.
3. According to a study conducted by marketwatch.com, Arizona has the toughest DUI penalties in the country. We are one of only a few states with mandatory jail time for your first offense.
4. On average, two out of every three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
5. The minimum cost of a DUI in Arizona (if you don’t hire an attorney) is approximately $6,800.00. That cost includes court fines and fees, one day in jail, mandatory classes, six months of an interlock device and increased auto insurance rates.
If a drunk driver injured you or someone close to you this weekend, you need to talk to a Phoenix drunk driving accident attorney. In addition to claims against the drunk driver (for things like pain, suffering, medical bills and even punitive damages), you may have a claim against the bar or homeowner that supplied the alcohol. Call or email us today for a 100% free discussion about your options. Our number is (602) 726-0747 or fill out an online contact form. You need a good, local injury lawyer to fight for you.