hero-desktop-nogradient (2)

What should I do if I am injured in a car accident in Phoenix, AZ?

June 25, 2018 By John Torgenson

First, document what happened. Gather as much evidence as possible, including names and contact information for anyone who might have witnessed the accident, as well as anyone involved in the accident. Take plenty of detailed photographs of the accident scene, and save any physical evidence that you can find. Call the police so that they can file a report, and get yourself to the hospital so that you can receive a full physician’s check-up. Lastly, call a personal injury lawyer to make sure you receive the maximum financial compensation you deserve. For more information, read our blog post on three steps to take after a car accident.

John Torgenson portrait

John Torgenson

After high school, John attended the University of Utah, graduating in 2001. John then attended his dream school, Notre Dame Law School, where he graduated, with honors, in 2004. John is licensed to fight in court for real people in the State of Arizona, the United States Federal District Court of Arizona, and the 9th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.

Before establishing what is now Torgenson Law, John practiced in the litigation group at Fennemore Craig, the oldest law firm in Arizona, and one of the largest firms in the Southwest. Having practiced at Fennemore Craig in both the defense and plaintiff’s practice areas gives John a complete perspective of the litigation process, and valuable insight into how to efficiently and effectively advance his clients’ interests. His unique and balanced background enhances his credibility with defense lawyers, insurers, and defendants as well as with judges and arbitrators.