For the first time in over twenty years, the West will host the NCAA men’s basketball Final Four. Even more exciting is the fact that this signature event will be held in Arizona for the very first time! With that said, here is what your Arizona injury attorneys at Torgenson Law think you need to know before taking on this weekend’s Final Four extravaganza.
First and foremost, you do not need a ticket to the basketball games to partake in the festivities. While the games will be played Saturday in Glendale, a Fan Fest celebration will be held in downtown Phoenix from now until Monday. Fan Fest will be packed to the brim with entertainment for families and friends of all ages and will include clinics, concerts, giveaways, as well as autograph signings, interactive games and much more.
The excitement reigning throughout the city is expected to attract nearly 400 thousand people. With so many people confined to such a small area of town, the risk of personal injury increases. So, whether you are attending the Final Four basketball games or Fan Fest down town, remember these safety tips:
- Research The Event: If you are reading this, you’re already a step in the right direction. By simply researching the event and being aware of venue or stadium layouts as well as expected attendance numbers, the likelihood of a safe and memorable experience increases greatly. It is also smart to be familiar with exit locations.
- Locate: Upon arrival at ball games and Fan Fest events this weekend, take a quick look around and locate first aid stations and medical tents. Develop a plan on where to go or where to meet in the event of an emergency.
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings: Be cognitive of your surroundings; it is absolutely crucial in avoiding a potential accident or personal injury. If you feel uneasy about a situation or a suspicious person, notify security officials. Do not forget to use the buddy system!
- Create Group Meeting and Leaving Plans: Cell phone service is not always reliable in large groups of people. Upon arriving at events, set designated meeting times and places in case someone gets separated from the group. It is a good idea to also generate leaving plans before engaging in the fun. Do a headcount before leaving!
- Plan for Transportation: As I mentioned earlier, downtown Phoenix and Glendale will be inundated with spectators and traffic! Plan to leave earlier than normal and take your time. If you are going downtown, consider taking the light rail. If you plan to consume alcohol, arrange for alternate sources of transportation.
Contact Arizona Personal Injury Attorneys
Your Arizona personal injury attorneys wish everybody a safe and exciting NCAA tournament. If you suffer a personal injury at the fault of another, please give Torgenson Law a call at (602) 726-0747 for a free consultation. We will fight for the just compensation you deserve.