Independence Day is upon us and that means many people will be enjoying the long holiday weekend celebrating our nation’s birth. There are many popular 4th of July celebration traditions but none more so than fireworks. Whether it is large municipal fireworks displays or individual displays done by private citizens during family cookouts, fireworks have been a constant staple in July 4th celebrations since our nation’s inception. Fireworks can be a lot of fun, but as Arizona Personal Injury Lawyers, we know they come with a great deal of danger. Here are a few staggering statistics about how dangerous fireworks can be. We just want people to be safe.
1. There were 10,500 fireworks related injuries in the U.S. in 2014.
2. 67% of those injuries happened around the July 4th Holiday.
3. Tragically, there were 11 reported fireworks related deaths in 2014.
4. 19% of fireworks injuries involve the eyes.
5. More fires are reported on the 4th of July than any other day of the year.
6. 47% of fireworks injuries happen to bystanders.
7. Approximately 20% of fireworks related injuries are caused by sparklers. Sparklers heat up to between 1800 and 3000 degrees!
8. Of the fireworks injuries that were investigated, 26% were caused by malfunctioning fireworks.
If you are ever injured, seek medical help right away. Did defective fireworks cause your injury? If so, you may have a personal injury case under Arizona Product Liability Law. Be careful about fireworks manufactured in China, as those companies might not be subject to American liability laws and judgments. Also, if you are hosting family and friends for the 4th and are planning to use fireworks, be sure to use them responsibly. If a person is injured by fireworks on the premises of your home, they could potentially file a personal injury claim against your homeowner’s insurance. To help prevent an unfortunate injury from happening, click the link for some safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety or visit their website for more details.
If you have been injured by fireworks, give us a call at (602) 726-0747 to discuss your personal injury case. We are passionate Arizona Personal Injury Lawyers that will aggressively fight to make sure you are compensated for the injuries you have suffered. Stay safe this holiday weekend and act responsibly. Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers here at Torgenson Law want to wish you all a very safe and happy Independence Day. God bless America.