This winter season like any will be full of social gatherings to celebrate the coming holidays. Whether it be your office holiday party or your best friends house party, it’s important to take preventative measures so that you and your loved ones stay safe from personal injury.
1. Have An Uber Code For Your Guests. Try setting up a promotional code with uber events. This platform is a great opportunity to make sure your guests arrive and leave your party safely.
2. Offer Food To Go With The Alcohol. It is far easier for guests to become drunk by drinking on an empty stomach. Offer some snacks during your party to encourage people to drink judiciously.
3. Hire A Bartender. If you can, hire a bartender for the night to keep an eye on the drink total of all your guests. Hiring a bartender can prevent unnecessary personal injury for you and your visitors.
4. Intervene When Necessary. Don’t be afraid to intervene in a situation if a guest is planning on drinking and driving. Call a cab/Uber on their behalf, take their keys, or call law enforcement for assistance. It is your job as the host to make sure your guests are not endangering the community around you.
As the social host of a gathering under Arizona law you may be liable for injuries, both physical and financial, suffered as a result of a drunk guest who causes injury to a third person when all of the following requirements are met:
1. The social host served alcohol to the person who caused the personal injury or property damage in question
2. The social host knew, or should have known, that the person who caused the personal injury or property damage was intoxicated
3. The social host knew that the person who caused the personal injury or property damage would be driving after the social occasion.
Holiday parties are meant to be a joyous time amongst friends and/or coworkers. If you are hosting a party, make sure your guests are safe and provide them with the means to return home or to sleep at your place if they are too inebriated. Personal injury situations may arise when there are groups of drunken individuals. If you need aggressive personal injury lawyers, give us a call at (602) 726-0747. Stay safe, have fun, and have a happy holiday!